Yes, there was a blackout at the Superbowl, BUT are you wondering about the exciting Technology at the Super Bowl? Here are some gadgets I discovered:
- 62 cameras (5 more this year) to cover every action of the game – directed by Mike Arnold for the third year for CBS.
- 6 unique camera views to be played back on-screen at the same time, using multi-camera high-resolution playback tech called Mosaic.
- 5 high-speed HEYEPER Zoom 4k cameras that can shoot at 300-500 frames per second at 1080i HD, according to TV Technology
- Potential partnership between the NFL and GE to create technologies that would decrease the short-term and long-term effects of head injuries
- Life-saving Football Gear – Video
- LED paneled stage that allowed for amazing stage set. The stage moved vertically to create an incredible backdrop for Beyonce’s song “Baby Boy” – how cool!!
- Insane pyrotechnics and light show throughout the entire halftime performance
- Destiny’s Child members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams popped up from underneath the stage! (if you know more about this technology – please share)
- Musical instruments (including the fiery electric guitar during “Crazy in Love”), click-tracks, amplifiers, monitors, wireless microphones, ear pieces, sound boards, etc. Music and technology go hand in hand.
These are just a few of the many aspects of technology that goes into the production of the huge national event. Without the technological resources the Super Bowl would not be as amazing as it is today!